Job Description :
- Install and configure Hortonworks cluster
- Apply proper architecture guideline to ensure highly available services Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrade and maintenance across physical environments
- Develop and automate processes for maintenance of the environment Implement security measures for all aspects of the cluster (SSL, disk encryption, role-based access via Apache Ranger policies)
- Ensure proper resource utilisation between the different development teams and processes
- Design and implement a toolset that simplifies provisioning and support of a large cluster environment
- Review performance stats and query execution/explain plans; recommended changes for tuning Apache Hive queries
- Create and maintain detailed, up to date technical documentation
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience in integrating 3rd party REST APIs in an efficient manner
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD